in 1917, located on 8735 Cincinnati-Dayton Road, Union Elementary was
originally named Union Township Centralized School. The main Building
was completed in 1917 and housed grades 1-12, combining the seven
one-room schools in the Union Township district.
Elementary School 2008The districts of Liberty & Union consolidated
in 1957 and the district established Lakota High School in 1959, thus
making Union an elementary school. The name of the district was changed
to Lakota Local School District in 1970.
Elementary moved to the newest facility in Lakota in 2009, located at
7672 LeSourdsville-West Chester Road. Union Elementary went from the
oldest facility to the newest. Sitting atop a hill looking over West
Chester, Union Elementary is a state of the art facility that lends
itself to a safe, engaging house of learning for our school Photo of
exterior of Union Elementary School community. Our history is not
forgotten, as evidenced by the historic pictures and original graduating
classes that grace our main atrium. We will continue to connect our
past to our present to shape our future, striving to make Union a 21st
Century standard bearer and industry leader.