Safety & Security
Meet Our SRO
Officer Jay Kaznowski is the School Resource Officer for Union Elementary. Officer Jay is first and foremost responsible for the safety and security of the students and staff at Union Elementary. He also investigates any criminal activity occurring at the school and works closely with the school administration during these incidents to determine the best course of action. He is not responsible for any type of school-related discipline. This is his full-time position and he is at the school each day that the school is in session.
Officer Jay also enjoys the opportunity to connect and talk with the students, primarily during lunch and recess.
District Safety & Security
The safety, health, and well-being of Lakota students, staff, volunteers, and visitors is our top priority.
The purpose of this webpage is to provide parents, students, volunteers, and visitors with information on district safety programs and links to helpful resources.
- Schools in Lakota conduct all safety drills required by law and by the Ohio Department of Education.
- Visitors to Lakota schools must sign in at the office and wear a visitor badge while at the school.
- Video cameras are used to monitor activity throughout the schools.
- Any volunteer with unsupervised access to students will be required to pass a criminal background check through our visitor management system, Raptor.
- Bullying and hazing activities of any type are prohibited. No school district employee shall encourage, permit, authorize, condone, or tolerate any bullying or hazing activity.
- Any chemicals brought into a school or on school grounds must have a Material Safety Data Sheet.
Safety Tip Line