Report an Absence
You can leave a message any time, day or night. When leaving a message, please provide the following:
- Say and spell your child’s first and last name
- Your child’s teacher’s name and grade
- Reason for absence
- Your name and relationship to the student
- Phone number where you can be reached
- Include any symptoms your child is experiencing
- Let us know if you have been out of the country
Automated Attendance Calls
We use Lakota's notification system to alert you of a child’s unexcused absence from school. This automated system helps expedite our daily process for absence notifications and uses the same parent/guardian phone number and email address provided through Home Access Center.
If your child is absent or going to be tardy from school for any reason, you must notify the school by 9 a.m. If your child is marked absent and you have not reported the absence by this time, you will receive a call and email between 10 and 10:15 a.m. To respond to the automated call, you will need to call the main office. Failure to report the reason will result in an unexcused absence.
- If the school has been notified of an absence, it is not necessary to present a note to the office. If a parent/guardian has not notified the school of an absence, the student must present, upon their return, a note stating: date(s) of the absence, reason for the absence, signature of parent/guardian and telephone number.
- Phone calls will be made to parents when unexcused absences become excessive.
- A student who arrives to school after the start of the student day must report to the office for an admission slip.
- The Butler County Attendance Officer will work directly with the schools in implementing the attendance policies of the district.
- Any missed portion of the school day up to four and a half hours is considered a tardy. Any missed time above 4 and a half hours is considered a full day absent.